The Australian manual of scientific style has now been replaced by the Australian manual of style, a comprehensive manual that addresses the main issues encountered by writers, editors and designers. It has 6 main sections:
- Engaging helps you to understand your audiences and how to connect with them.
- Writing exlores the principles of good writing to help you to communicate information in a way that is easy to read and understand, and avoid the major pitfalls that can block effective communication.
- Editing provides the ‘nuts and bolts’ of grammar, style and formatting, from capitalisation to hyphenation and referencing.
- Showing describes how best to present graphs, tables and other visual information, and includes help with data visualisation and infographics.
- Subject areas has specific style advice for various disciplines, such as arts, mathematics, fields of science, and social science.
- Resources provides practical tools, downloadable guides and e-learning modules to help you to develop effective communication skills.
To subscribe, please go to: stylemanual.com.au.
What will happen to AMOSS?
This website will be decommissioned in early 2021. Current subscribers will be automatically transferred to the Australian manual of style.